How To Use A Damask Rose Stencil
November 27th, 2014
These sparkly snowflakes have been made using coloured Sattina Sugarpaste, the Damask Rose Stencil and Snowflake Lustre Dust – perfect for decorating cookies, cakes and cupcakes.
1. Dust your work surface with a little cornflour (we used the cornflour pouch) and roll out some sugarpaste to approximately 3-4mm thick. Brush a little Jem Petal Base onto the back of the stencil and press onto the sugarpaste. Roll over the stencil once firmly with a non-stick rolling pin.
2. Brush over the top of the stencil liberally with Snowflake Lustre Dust then brush any excess dust off onto your work surface.
3. Lift the stencil off carefully.
4. Place the snowflake cutter over the stenciled pattern and press down firmly. Remove all excess sugarpaste from around the outside of the cutter.
5. Lift the snowflake up with a flat palette knife and attach to your cookie or cupcake.