Quick & Easy Bunting In No Time At All
July 14th, 2016
Quick & Easy Sugar Bunting
Create really quick and easy sugar bunting with this new set of cutters, designed by us, and made by Fmm. The best paste to use is Sattina Perfect Paste or a 50/50 mix of sugarpaste and modelling paste kneaded together. You can check out how quick and easy they are to use on our YouTube video or simply follow the steps below.
You will need:-
- Dust your work surface with cornflour (the cornflour pouch is a brilliant product for this) and roll out the paste to 1-2mm thick.
- You can leave the bunting plain or roll over the icing again with an embossed rolling pin to create a textured pattern like knit or hessian.
- Make sure the icing moves freely on your work surface (you may need to dust a little extra cornflour to stop the paste from sticking). Press the cutter firmly down onto the icing and gently move it back and forth to cut out the bunting.
- Use a soft brush to gently push each piece of bunting out of the cutter.
- Turn the cutter over and remove the excess icing with a cocktail stick.
- If you want to add a message, cut out lettering using the FMM alphabet set cutters and attach to the bunting with edible glue. The letters fit neatly on bunting cut out using the largest cutter.
- Attach the bunting to your cake with edible glue or a little royal icing then pipe a line of royal icing with a small writing tube above to look like the bunting string. Finish by piping a small bow where the joins meet or you could attach a bow made using the bow mould. The top of this cake was decorated using the Fmm train and cloud cutters, the icing was embossed with the Fmm mini knit embossed rolling pin.